In this interview, author and researcher Bethany Saltman discusses
- Where secure attachment comes from
- The role of vulnerability and introspection in parenting
- Her view on whether "attachment parenting" has anything to do with secure attachment
- How our family or origin plays into our belief systems
- The processing and healing of intergenerational patterns
- The importance of leaning into, rather than backing away from, our discomfort around parenting
She also discusses what it means to delight in our children, and them in us -- and what a critical shift this can be for our mutual well-being.