In this video interview, Dr. Vanessa Lapointe discusses:
- What developmentally normal and secure attachment looks like
- Separation anxiety and its place in our children's natural development
- The roles of temperament and innate sensitivity
- Whether a child can be "too attached"
- How to avoid codependence and enmeshment
- Tips to help our kids cope when we do need to spend time apart
Her warmth, wisdom, and humour come through clearly as she helps us understand how to best support our children.